About Our Foundation
The Piedmont Natural Gas Foundation was formed in 2004 to support nonprofit organizations in communities throughout our service territory. Since its beginning, the Foundation has invested more than $6 million in the communities we serve. Our Giving Guidelines
To increase our Foundation's effectiveness and position it for future growth and stability, we adopted a revised giving strategy in 2010, with a focus on critical needs in the community. We believe this revised strategy will strategically impact the focus areas outlined below:
- Environmental Stewardship & Energy Sustainability*
An annual grant is awarded to organizations that provide one or more of the following objectives in Piedmont's three-state service area.
*Organizations are invited to apply for Environmental Stewardship & Energy Sustainability grants through a Request for Proposals (RFP) process.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Foundation Community Enrichment Initiative
- K-12 Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Education
- Workforce Development
- Health and Human Services
- The Piedmont Natural Gas Community Enrichment Initiative also includes a competitive “Regional Rotating” grant program that bolsters dollars regionally by offering 1-2 smaller rotating capacity building/ collaboration/ innovation grant awards. Organizations are invited to apply through a Request for Proposals (RFP) process.
- Energy Assistance Programs
- Share the Warmth
The Piedmont Natural Gas Foundation makes annual contributions to Share the Warmth and has contributed more than $1.3 million since the program began.
The Piedmont Natural Gas Foundation board of directors guides and oversees the Foundation's grant-making activities, including grant review and approval. Officers and directors of the Piedmont Natural Gas Foundation are:
Timothy Greenhouse, President & Chairman
George Baldwin, Vice President
Jane Lewis-Raymond, Secretary
Robert O. Pritchard, Treasurer
Board of Advisors
Stephen Francescon Jr.